Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Roma!

Bathrooms are extremely hard to find in Europe. And when you do find them you normally have to pay a euro or so to use them. I've only peed my pants one time, but it was in front of our new friend, Siggy, who we had met at the hostel in Paris. I'm kind of glad it happened though because now Aaron takes me seriously when I tell him I have to find a bathroom and he'll help me search.

Though we have seen so many amazing things so far, it's the people we've met who have really made the trip.
In London, one of our hostelmates was named Dean Orange from, Nottingham, England. Dean was funny. He was on holiday from university and in London for a medical trial. He was basically getting paid 1,100 euros to try some new drug and then go through a bunch of tests to see what happened. Dean talked a lot about how fat Americans are and Dog the Bounty Hunter. That night Aaron, Dean and I went to dinner together. The first pub we went to was crowded so we walked a couple more blocks before Dean picked a Chinese food restaurant. Aaron and I weren't really craving Chinese our only night in London, but we liked the company so we agreed to eat with him. After we had sat down and ordered our waters, Dean gets up and tells us he's going to Subway. What a bloke. We tried to order something small and go to a London pub, but the woman was very angry with us and told us the limit was 5 euro a person. So we ate our Chinese.

We've met so many other people but I'll mention them later. We're heading out to find a hostel and then to the Vatican. Love and miss you all. Ciao!

Michelle and Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment