Friday, April 16, 2010

Firenze..

We made it to Florence! My favorite city in Italy! We drank some fagolino and another bottle of white wine. I'm trying to hang out. Aaron is sleeping. We're planning on going up to Piazza Michelangelo later tonight. It's a beautiful lookout point in Florence. I think we're going to watch a soccer game around 8. Aaron is trying really hard to get tickets to a soccer game but tickets are around 2,000 euro! So unless we can find something cheaper, that's not happening.

I told you I would write more about the people we have met. While in Munich we met a boy sitting by himself in the Hobfrauhause. His name was Reuben and he was one of the coolest people I've ever met. Reuben had come to Munich with his mom who was visiting a doctor she had seen on television. He told us something was wrong with his mother's mouth. We hung out the rest of the day together. We drank beers and visited the Munich Olimpic Stadium. At the end of the night we went back to the Hobfauhause and then headed over to another bar. Reuben bought us shots that tasted just like Jaeger. I pretended to like them. Right before we seperated from Reuben, Aaron said to him "God bless your mom." He started cracking up. I don't think the saying translated very well.
Reuben is planning on traveling to the U.S. to visit us! I really think he will come. I'm super excited to see him again. He's a cool guy.
Anyways, I'm going to go wake Aaron up so we can see more of the city. Miss you all!

Love Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys ! Thanks so much for all the updates Michelle. Just wondering if youv'e had any problems there with the floating ash from the active volcano in Iceland ? Good thing you went to Germany when you did/ they closed the airports today because of poor visibility I guess. This trip has been full of unplanned moments... keeps you on your toes. Love ya both !!!

    ReplyDelete