Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Petting Florence... missing the Fragolino in Florence.

Hey Guysss! We're back. Not so enthusiastic about being back in Ohio, but it has been nice to see our families and of course Florence. I missed that pup. She's at least five pounds heavier and I'm glad to be back to monitor how many snicker bars my dad is feeding her. But normally the more I wine about snickers being bad for her, the funnier he thinks it is. So I'm going to try to pretend I don't care that my dog waddles.

Anyways, Vienna, Prague and Amsterdam were all amazing. All three cities were beautiful. Vienna was extremely clean and everything was high end. All the top designers and restaurants. Aaron and I felt a little out of place in our sweats and tennis shoes. Praha was also very pretty and relatively inexpensive. Our roommates in Prague were total loonies. Billie was about forty, traveling for work and living in hostels. He spoke like he was on crack, or his 6th cup of coffee. He never slowed down. And out of all the cities he has traveled through, he insisted on showing us pictures of Huntsville, Alabama (looks a lot like Mansfield) for half an hour. I honestly didn't think he was going to let us leave the room.

We spent my birthday in Prague drinking beers in a beer garden and listening to a guitarist (try) to sing American cover songs. We toured the Prague castle and walked through a vineyard that overlooks the city. Then I had to pay 10 crown (about 50 cents) to use the bathroom (on my birthday!) I thought that was pretty rude. We figured out that if on average I had used the bathroom 6 times in a day, times by 1.50 euro in Venice, I would have spent 9 euros a day (about $12)! That's crazy. It makes perfect sense why many European streets smell like bathrooms. There are no street fairies collecting money to go in the streets. I digress.

Amsterdam was also beautiful. Before I had gone to Amsterdam I had the common misperception that it was nothing but "coffee shops" and the red light district. But the town is actually very pretty. It reminded me a lot of a nice area in Chicago with hundreds of tall, old brick town homes lining the streets. And I loved that EVERYONE rode bikes there. I've never seen so many bikes in my entire life.

So now we're home and not really sure what to do next. Aaron's making plans for the real world. I don't want to talk about it.
We saved a lot more money on our trip than we had thought we would, so I'm going to start looking at more plane tickets:)

No comments:

Post a Comment